Slate.js bindings

Yeah of course, go ahead :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush: it is now running at: https://bitphinix.github.io/slate-yjs-example/

1 Like

Hi @dmonad,

I really appreciate the work put on these libs and the fact this is open source.

I want to understand more about YXml* object. If I understand well, these objects are more relevant if you are close to the DOM at the end (treeWalking, css selector, convert to DOM, …).
In the case of Slate the rendering is detached from the document and the document has just some type that is a key for later having a function to render the node (and I suppose most of the time you are using a React component since slate come with a React binding).

So does YXml* objects are more useful rather than YMap & YArray in case where we are detached to the DOM? What are pros & cons? Is there any recommended usage for one or the other? (could be great to add this to the doc I think)
I mean, a Json tree could be easily described as a Xml tree if needed (it is just like named/typed nodes).

Thanks in advance

I think you wanted to tag @BitPhinix with your question about using XmlText instead of a Map :slight_smile:

I do wonder the same thing.

In the end we came to migrate to tiptap/prosemirror to benefit of the owner of yjs support of the y-prosmirror binding. In addition we were using Plate on top of slate and this one was pretty unstable with often breaking changes release.