How to solve this problem Method unimplemented

I wanted to develop a custom Socket.IO service provider, but when I tried it, a “Method Unimplemented” error was thrown on the console.
Snipaste_2023-05-24_13-55-14

You are somehow passing probably an undefined Y.XmlElement to createNodeIfNotExists. Check you are passing the right doc to ySyncPlugin. By default, Yjs uses "prosemirror" as the key for a ProseMirror document. If you are creating a custom provider, you should use the same key or set the key yourself eg:

const yXmlFragment = ydoc.getXmlFragment('pm-doc')
    const state = EditorState.create({
      schema,
      plugins: exampleSetup({ schema, history: false }).concat([
        ySyncPlugin(yXmlFragment, {
          permanentUserData: permanentUserData,
          colors: [
            { light: '#ecd44433', dark: '#ecd444' },
            { light: '#ee635233', dark: '#ee6352' },
            { light: '#6eeb8333', dark: '#6eeb83' },
          ],
        }),
        yCursorPlugin(provider.awareness),
        yUndoPlugin(),
        keymap({
          'Mod-z': undo,
          'Mod-y': redo,
          'Mod-Shift-z': redo,
        }),
      ]),
    })

Thank you very much for your answer, my code has been implemented to synchronize Ydoc documents, when I use yXmlFragment.toJSON() method, two different browsers can print the same content, but this content can not be rendered in Prosemirror. Here is the result of my breakpoint debugging, but I don’t know how to solve it.

That is strange. Check also you have no duplicate yjs packages installed locally - those mess up the instanceof checks (and nowadays it should log an error in the console).

EDIT: But that screenshot above is from a failing check or succeeding?

The result is false, and I suspect that this may be the cause of the problem

When I use the same data to apply the update, the Prosemirror document displays fine, but when I use a custom Provider, it prompts this error.

const ydoc = new Y.Doc()
  const yXmlFragment = ydoc.getXmlFragment('prosemirror')
  const provider = new SocketIOProvider('ws://localhost:3182', ydoc, {
    autoConnect: true,
    params:{
      cid: xxx,
      token: '123'
    }
  });

provider.socket.on("sync-update", (data) => console.log('remote update', new Uint8Array(data)));

I would debug it step by step. First, I suggest copying WebsocketProvider locally with similar setup as your SocketIOProvider GitHub - yjs/y-websocket: Websocket Connector for Yjs

If it works, then replace it part by part until you arrive at the same SocketIOProvider you had originally.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it.

I know the reason!I used npm link to debug my provider,and it will load new yjs lib.

1 Like

It was duplicate packages? In any case, great to hear!