Potential Yjs Branding(?)

@dmonad I’ve had this kicking around for months, figured I’d at least (finally) put it out there; let me know what ya think. We talked forever and a day ago about doing some redesign work… I have some neat ideas. No timeline, obvs.

Critique is welcome, praise is perhaps less helpful, but I’ll take what I can get. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Figjam borked my alignment, ahh well. Loose your imagination! and… picture them centered and properly aligned :man_facepalming:)

I dig the horizontal lines (evokes adidas-esque), however can’t help but see a V instead of Y.
With the current v13 logo (rebranded 1+ year ago?) the multi-colored nodes of the Y coming togther work nicely to symbolize a merge. Perhaps a small OCD thing, is that yellow + green don’t produce blue… but only just now noticed that.

1 Like

Where were you when I had to design the logo? Thanks for this!

The idea of the Y was that it should symbolize two branches merging. I never was able to express that nicely. My first logo had a gradient that merged colors, but it looked too awful.

Your logo looks really cool, but as @ffd8 said, it really does look more like a V and it doesn’t carry the meaning of merging branches anymore.

ahh yes, I like that idea! I’ll play around and see what happens :relaxed:

1 Like

The visual of a merge had escaped me entirely, lol. :man_facepalming::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes